Institute of Structured Finance and Derivatives
The montreal Institute of Structured Finance and Derivatives (IFSID)
An added value to the financial sector.
Launched in September 2011, the Institute is a joint initiative of the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), the Ministry of Finance, Finance Montréal and HEC Montréal. It endeavors to contribute to Montreal’s financial centre expertise in the fields of derivatives and structured products through training and research projects tailored to industry needs.
The Institute’s Board of Directors, chaired by Léon Courville, Economist, adjunct professor at HEC Montreal and former President of the National Bank, brings together 10 experts from the academic and professional communities.
A program in derivatives as well as several tailor- made training seminars are offered by the Institute.
The Institute supports several research programs through calls for projects, aimed at stimulating financial innovation, studying risk issues and examining the regulatory environment.
Promotion & Publication
The Institute organizes events (symposiums, conferences) and distributes publications in order to provide relevant information to industry players.
Our personalized program
Offered in collaboration with the Montréal Exchange, the Institute’s unique program provides comprehensive and updated information on derivatives and structured products, their markets, the strategies, risk management, back office operations and accounting for derivatives. It is specially designed for professionals such as accountants, lawyers, company treasurers, back office staff and many more.
- 11 modules lasting from 6 to 9 hours each
- Flexible structure adapted to the needs of each type of clientele
- Modules led by expert practitioners who bring up-to-date industry knowledge to the participants
- Courses offered at HEC Montréal during theweek,from 6:00 to 9:00 pm
- On request, possibility of onsite modules
- Pascal François, Director of the Institute and Professor at HEC Montréal email@example.com
- Simon Jacques, Executive Director, Training and Business Development firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hélène Poiré, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
- For more informaiton, visit ifsid.ca.